The Road Not Taken





Assalamualaikum wbt..


I thought of writing this post in English, so since this is my first English post, hope you could forgive me if any mistakes present in this post.


Well, it's time to make a decision, a decision that for me would change my life, if not the whole, insyaALLAH it would be at least most of it. Here it goes, Petronas versus JPA..


and..


I've decided to take JPA scholarship. It was a hard decision to make. Coz it would determine my furture career, how would my life and family going to be, the environment of being a chemical engineer OR a biotechnologist.

People would say, and I've already heard some of them, that career in Petronas is more promising rather in JPA as the government doesn't confirm any career when I've graduated. And they would also say, biotech.? Is there any work for that field in Malaysia.? And they would continue to say, its hard to get overseas scholarship offer from Petronas, why don't you just take it. I know, and I had considered it much, but...

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can TRUST yourself when all men doubt you,
But make ALLOWANCE for their doubting too..."

And this is my decision, after I've considered much, but not too much exactly, and following my heart to this point. Hope this is the best decision for me that ALLAH give me, amiin..

But why The Road Not Taken.?




"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;"

How could I take both JPA and Petronas, and its getting harder to make it out when people saying both are good.. The only thing is, compare and contrast the pros and cons..




"Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,"


It look as though, Malaysia need something new, new technologies, new discoveries, to put the country up to date with the latest global research.. and chemical engineering, perhaps it is common now in Malaysia..

"And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back."


I'm taking a risk, by walking the path, that most doesn't.. We only can plan for the future, but we must remember, we are not the planner, but ALLAH is the best planner for us.. Maybe we see Petronas is the better of the two, but the future is nothing but only a glimpse.. But still, wether Petronas or JPA would be the better as time passed by, I could never rewind the past, and I shall continue the path that I've chosen..


وَإِذۡ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمۡ لَٮِٕن شَڪَرۡتُمۡ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمۡ‌ۖ وَلَٮِٕن ڪَفَرۡتُمۡ إِنَّ عَذَابِى لَشَدِيدٌ۬
(14:7)


May ALLAH reminds me always, that only by Gratitude (syukur) to ALLAH that the smallest thing in others eyes be the biggest greatness in our heart..

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. "

I'm hoping its the sigh of relief, full with gatitude; and never be the sigh of regret, even its the worst of all, May ALLAH bless us with His Rahmat.. And here I confess : I'm taking Biotechnology, under JPA, the course least or maybe unheard of by some of us.. And hope it does make a difference, in my future life, the Islamic community , and Malaysia..

"If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;



Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"



I'll be alone there, in Cempaka International School, Cheras..
Pray the best for me, and for us..
Thanks for reading, Barakallahu fii kum..

0 comments

Make A Comment
top